Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Vacation

I have been catching up on my blog reading and have noticed all the posts about summer lists of things to do.  I also downloaded from Kelly Willette her 100 summer things- ideas for summer snapshots.  As I look at them, I realized that the only outdoor activities were going to be centered around water. I have read all you blogger and your lists of great trips to the park, picnic lunches, and bike rides. It's been 100 degrees here and you can't go outside until 8pm.  We did go for a bike ride last night (at 8pm) and came home drenched in sweat.  We spend our days inside wishing for cooler weather.  The boys are in camp at our church for the next 2 weeks.  Now that Kyle is over his ear infection we can head back out to the pool.

We did go on vacation a few days after school let out.  I didn't want to go so soon, as I wished to have a few weeks of laziness.  But non the less we went and had a great time.  We went to San Antonio for a few days and went to sea world.  Then we headed out to the frio river.  The kids had a blast.  There was no floating the river as there was no current to take you anywhere but that was fine.  We had a nice swimming hole by our camp with some shallow area for us the lounge in chairs and deeper area with a rope swing.


Played some sandbag toss

Badminton

Kooper floating in the little bit of moving water

Kyle hanging out


We played a lot of Jenga


Did some swingin


Celebrated Marks birthday
Beer, Food, Playing in the river what better way to celebrate the day


Had a little sword fight


The only picture I took at the Hyatt Hillcountry, I was so mad because we ended up at a sandy each entry off of the lazy river and we had such dreamy sunsetting back light and my camera was in the room.

We did some minnow fishing

And Kooper took his naps like this
I hope you have a great summer vacation!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment