Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Say goodbye to my little friend

Our beloved Pacifier is making an exit from the DeRusse house.
 Yes Kooper will greatly miss him, they had a love hate relationship.  He loved to suck on it but would throw him everywhere.
It was a constant battle with Kooper, he would scream/whine and everyone would stop and search for the pasi. Anything to stop the high pitch screeching.  But enough is enough.  We have become a slave to the pacifier.  I can't take the searching anymore.  The stop everything just to plug him up and keep him from talking even more.  So I did it.  While Mark was gone for the day on Saturday I couldn't take it anymore so I gathered them all up and put them in the trash.  I tried to just have them for bedtime but he kept climbing up the drawers and got into a candy jar that we kept the pacifiers in just to them.  But no more.  He saw this picture and started saying paci paci!  How sad.  Not.  He has been tolerating it well but wakes up 2-3 times per night looking for it and I have to get him back down.  It's for the better.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I know what you're going through. I thought it would be impossible to take the binky away but I did it and so did you. Congrats! Hopefully it won't be a terrible struggle. I also wrote a post about taking the binky away. Here it is if you'd like to check it out...

    http://www.labirdsnest.com/2011/01/o-binky-where-art-thou.html

    Hang in there Mama!

    ReplyDelete