Monday, May 16, 2011

Small Dining Room Makeover

About a month ago I  had the flooring replaced in the dining room.  It's no big makeover to report on but none the less I love it.  When we built the house I had carpet put in the room because I didn't want hardwoods (because they are the same color as my dining room furniture) and I also didn't want to spend a grand on a decorative rug just to have my dog pee on the rug.  Well, abbey passed away last fall so that meant out with the pee pee carpet.  I know how gross, every house we have had she always found a spot to pee in the middle of the night.  It didn't matter if I took her out before bed and restricted her food and water intake earlier in the evening she still did it.  I had ceramic tile (that looks like travertine) and marble placed on the diagonal.  Take a look at the before:



 sorry that image is so small, it was re sized super small to be posted online last year when we had the house for sale. Here is a picture of the work in progress:


Now the after:




I didn't change anything else in the room, just the floor, next will be the table arrangement.  I am slowly but surely getting rid of all the floral arrangements.  It's hard to do when you have paid good money for them and you have a cheap husband.  Have a great Monday!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment